Saturday 7 May 2016

Ultra High Waisted Pencil Skirt |2016 Sewing|

Well I finally found a day to sit down and complete March and April's sewing project from the six sewing goals I set myself at the beginning of the year! 



I'm quite pleased with how it turned out really. I used Simplicity 2 Hour Skirt (version 3) as a base and altered it just a tad. I made it longer, not by slashing in the middle as I'm a rebel, but just by adding a few inches to the hem! I extended the side seams (and centre back) up till I was happy with where it say under my bust. The pattern darts I ignored completely. I stuck the skirt on a dress form once it was pieced together with the zip inserted, and just pinned the darts to fit. 



I haven't got it quite right round the waist, but it fits, and I can fettle it next time! 


Outfit Details:

Hair Flowers: Old Asda and Gifted by @thegalcanthelpit 
Top: Old Matalan
Skirt: Self Made
Shoes: Pleaser (mine were off eBay)



Foundations:

Bra: House of Satin (sorry the strap is showing!!)
Girdle: Maidenform
Nude Seam Stockings: Seamer from Stockings HQ


Now for some more pictures! 






I originally intended to add braces to the skirt, and I have buttons ready to do so, but I think it might just look a little odd! So we'll stick with it as is for now!! 

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

Jo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment