Thursday 5 May 2016

April Roundup |2016|

The fact I'm posting both March and April together should tell you something about my April. It's felt like one of those months where I've just been dragging myself in ten different directions. 

I was still ill at the beginning of the month and I still have a cough from it now. Which is a bit rubbish. 

Haven't done an awful lot in the way of dancing, although I think we've just about managed once a week. 

I read quite a few books:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (comfort reading while I was still sick)
Spitfires Over Malta (finally!! So pleased to have finished this!)
The Blue Max (totally different to the film. In all honesty, kind of depressing)
The Zeppelin Destroyer (what?! Written in such an old fashioned manner, enjoyable, but I'm not sure what just happened) 


Good points:


My goddaughters third birthday party. I'm fairly certain everyone had a blast. Adults included. We had a lot of fun the night before cooking up mountains of vegan cupcakes too. 


On that note, cakes made with Betty Crocker cake mix and fizzy drinks are AMAZING. I now have an obsession. Which has done my waistline no good at all. 


Had a lovely couple of evenings with friends. One where we watched the live action Cinderella. I must have the step mum's clothes. The second in Bury with Kate again. She's found a pub that might become our haunt! 

Bad things: 

My car failed it's MOT kind of catastrophically, but with a lot of help from my mum I found a new (to me) one so I'm kind of happy again, but I will miss the jag! 


One of my snakes unexpectedly laid eggs, then prolapsed and had to have surgery. It was very stressful for everyone involved and I'm so incredibly grateful to the vets practice as we're fairly certain she's on the mend. 



Didn't even manage to complete my March/April sewing goal, but going to try and get that sorted this weekend before finding fabric for the next two months! 

Also it snowed and hailed. Quite a lot. Indoors in the hangar where I was working for two days. Miserable weather. 



I've lost all semblance of organisation and routine in my life!!! With everything going on its just gone to pot. So I'm going to try and get on that again in May. Get my rhythm back. 

I forget what I've done so quickly which seems a shame. I'm going to take a cue from Butterfly Balcony's blog and do a weekly update instead. I think Wendy has the right idea. Keep motivated with it and be accountable. Hopefully it will also get me back in the habit of blogging regularly. 

My April goals fell by the wayside. Although I did set my hair a couple of times I think! 

May goals? 
Blog a weekly update. 
Run at least once. 
Yoga. 
Finish April's skirt...
German. 

The goal's are always the same, they're things I want to do so why is it so hard to accomplish them sometimes?! 

How was your April? More productive than mine?? :) 

Jo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment