Sunday 8 May 2016

The Seven Day Share 02-08 May |2016|

I picked up my new to me car on Monday. It's all taxed, insured and ready to go. Very excited about that. Dropped it at the garage on Friday to have it's exhaust bolted back on, but that was an expected expense and the price I got it for reflected it, so I'm still pleased! 
She's called Astrid the Astra, because Dr Who and names that sound the same. (I've had a Penelope Peugeot previously. I'm not the only one who names cars, right?!)


My mega happy moment of the week was selling my old Jag ten minutes after I listed it on eBay! I might have got more if I'd let the auction run, but it's sold, and I've got the money to sort out Astrid in my pocket. I literally ran around the house like an over excited puppy. 


The weather was lovely this week and my three days working in Essex have involved a lot of time outside for lunch and actual work! Which has been great. Lunches outside have been gorgeous, it's of salad, hummus and veggie wraps. Perfect warm weather lunches. 


Treated myself to a couple of new books on Tuesday. I finished The Amber Shadows, it was ok. I quite enjoyed reading it but it wasn't overly thrilling. Something to dip in and out of on a train journey type book. I got House of Cards too. A friend watched the Netflix series and loved it so I shall read it, and then lend it to him! 


Dancing on Thursday at a fairly new place for us. Footloose Jive in Bury St Edmunds. They play really great music, which suits our style well, and the lessons have been good the few times we've been as well! 

Saturday I was determined to get my March/April sewing goal finished. Hey presto an ultra high waisted pencil skirt in a very bright tartan. I was very pleased with it. It took longer than I thought, but was worth it! 


I ended the week on a complete high, I re-joined my local gliding club last month and today spent a full day up there to fly rather than work. I'm very rusty, but had a couple of lovely flights and they were in a new glider type for me. Fingers crossed to go solo over the summer. I'd forgotten how much I love days at the airfield. I had dinner with my friends and goddaughter which just topped off a rather brilliant weekend. 


How has your week been? 

Jo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment