Friday 1 January 2016

New Year, Vintage Laura Ashley |Outfit Post|

Hello lovely people! Or potentially just my Mum and Godmother! Thank you for the photos Rose!! It's a whole New Year again, it's a cliché but I have no idea where 2015 wooshed off to. I think I packed a fair bit in last year, and I hope this year will be even busier.

I seem to have started a couple of new traditions last year that I'd like to keep going in the future.

1) A New Years Day run is important. Start as you mean to go on.
2) I cook a spread out three course meal on New Years Eve.
3) I want to see the New Year in wearing a fabulous dress.

I found THE dress a couple of weeks before Christmas when I shouldn't really have been spending any money on anything other than presents, but it had to come home with me.
 

Lurking in the party dress range of a local charity shop (PDSA in Diss if you're nosy) was this stunning vintage Laura Ashley gown. I'm wearing my Vivien of Holloway petticoat underneath, but it's not really long enough!
 

The fabric is heavy and the print is gorgeous. It has glitter in the fabric somehow as it shimmers. A lovely sweetheart, strapless bodice and ballerina length skirt reminiscent of the 50s, even though this is definitely an 80s number.
 
 
I wore it with a yard of hand knotted ring pearls and matching bracelet from Roxana Jems (who'll be opening their doors at some point in2016), vintage lace gloves and my wonderful patent Pleaser stilettos. Although I succumbed to boots and a cardi (and other layers!!) to troop down to the Kelpies at midnight!!
 
 
These photos were taken earlier in the day as I needed a good photo record of just how gorgeous this dress is! It was a fun way to start the New Year!!

 
How was your New Year? Do you dress up or slob out? Both have equal appeal!!

Jo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment