Thursday 7 January 2016

New Year Resolutions |2016|

It's that time of year again and I'm sure most people have already written there's up, but here are my resolutions for this year. I think I kept two of last years. Going vegan and running a 5k. Which is pretty good going for me as I'm definitely one for good intentions and no results!



This year I want to:

Go to Paris. 
On my own. I've always wanted to see this city and through one thing and another it's not been possible with another person. So I'm romancing myself by going. I want to be a total tourist and see the sights, and maybe buy some fancy French underwear. I've already been looking at hotels and flights and dates, so I just need to save up some money and this will be a tick by the end of 2016! 

Go solo in a glider. 
Another long term aim of mine. This year will be my year. I've got a savings plan in place for this too and I'm hoping to rejoin my local club halfway through the year. Fingers crossed on this one as I can't imagine being left alone on charge of an aeroplane!! 

Learn German. 
Something else I should've done a long time ago. I'm going to get myself a dictionary and things again and aim for an easy one hour a week. Or perhaps look for a local class. I'd like to learn Italian or French too, but one language is pushing it a bit!! 

Run a 10k charity race. 
Probably the race for life again. I enjoyed it last year. This should really be just "run 10k" as I've never done that before, but it's good to have goals...

And finally I have six sewing projects I would like to complete this year that have been on my Want list for ages. That's a whole other post though, that will appear in due course. It's hopefully not the only sewing I'll do, but it is a guideline! 

Last year I made a list of things I hoped to try and accomplish, which I liked, that weren't really resolutions, but more ongoing challenges. I'm not sure that's really a difference, but maybe there's less pressure on these!! 2016's are:

Swear less (already going badly)
Better organisation (every year!!) 
Writing a daily summary in my diary. 
A whole #366happydays which you can see on my Instagram under #joshappy2016
Healthier eating (also every year...) 
Grow my hair out
Get more flexible for dancing
Learn more about clothing construction 
Sew some lingerie 
Remember birthdays. Seriously I need to work on this one!!! 

Have you made resolutions? Do you keep them? Good luck for 2016!
Jo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment