Saturday 30 January 2016

January Round-Up |2016|

I can't believe it's the end of January already. It has FLOWN by! I'm not sure how much I've actually accomplished really, but I've felt like it's been a reasonably good start to the year! 



I ran on New Year's Day, and have been a couple of times since. I still need to break my new trainers in though...I keep wimping out and using my old ones!! 



I've read five books:
1) Little Women
2) Jane Eyre
3) Sense and Sensibility
4) Throwaway 
5) American Sniper
A slightly odd selection there, but all enjoyable. It was nice to catch up on a few of the classics, some easy reading and I enjoyed reading American Sniper. I borrowed it from the gliding club on a whim. I've never read anything on the Iraq war, and it was interesting to hear about it from someone immersed in the fighting. All you hear otherwise is politics. I enjoy autobiographies. 



I've not sewn anything up yet, but I have purchased all the fabric for my petticoat (see my last blog post for sewing goals), plus the bondaweb for my aeroplane print skirt. 

I've been on quite a few walks which I've loved. Been so lucky with the weather! 



My best bits have been organisation. I've kept a diary every day so far this year, a meal plan and kept the calendar updated. I've also been treating my ear piercings with salt water twice a day as they were constantly being irritated and whenever I wore earrings I could only deal with them for an hour before they hurt too much, so that's been brilliant as they're almost fully healed now. 

I've had dinner out with a friend I've not caught up with enough recently and can't wait for monthly date nights now. 

Plus loads of dancing. Jazz Club and the Jive Club. I had a really amazing time seeing The Jive Aces in Clacton and would love to go and see them again. 



Plus my tax return is all done which makes me a happy bunny, and work has been, on the whole, good this month. Plenty done and plenty to do. 

February Goals?
- Better outfits in general, more planning when I go out. Earrings and accessorise more. 
- Outfit photos. Plus some nice ones for certain things for the blog! 
- More running. At least once a week would be good. 

Did you have a good January? 

Jo :) 

2 comments:

  1. I am so far behind on my blog reading! You certainly have been busy no wonder January flew by! Love that dress it is stunning, oh and I can't believe you have read five books in a month thats amazing, I struggle with one!
    I will have to remember the salt water tip as my ear piercings can still be a nightmare, I even though they were done when I was 13! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :)
      The only reason I read five books is my Internet broke on my phone! Oops. Need something to entertain me in the caravan! I've managed none this month so far...
      Salt water is great, but drying, coconut oil afterwards is good though :) xx

      Delete