Sunday 9 August 2015

|Practical Pinup|

The majority of my outfits need to either be sensible (sort of!) enough for work. Leggings for the win. Or able to withstand a two year old and all of her whims. My goddaughter loves paint, messy play and today we made mud pies. So I need things in my wardrobe where I don't care if it gets messy, or pulled, or I have to crawl through the grass etc.

Enter the high street...and Primark in particular. My photos are a little different from my norm today, so be gentle with me!!

Pinup?
I picked up this stretchy pencil skirt in Primark ages ago for a couple of pounds, it's perfectly practical. Not blown about by the wind, doesn't really restrict my movement and still looks pretty sassy!


Good prop that table!
I have a few different colours and I know they defintely still had a beautiful forest green in my local store that I've had my eye on!

The little cropped, shirred peasant tops are a steal too.
 
.

I got one in red, black and white as they were £2 each in the sale, such a bargain! Pretty enough that I wore one to a dance last night, and cheap enough that it doesn't matter a huge amount if they have to work a bit harder than my dressy clothes! They're a great length too. Don't ride up too much even with your arms raised.


I had my hair in rollers ready for the evening's 40s dance, and the belt came from a charity shop at some point in my shopping history. I love picking up little accessories and bits from charity shops as you normally get good value for money, and you don't need to worry too much about damaging them!


I definitely don't advocate the disposable culture we seem to have with clothes, I just altered two Primark skirts to fit me again! Plus I'm always sewing up holes in leggings! I just feel that for those of us on a limited budget and with a bit of mess in our lives (who hasn't!?), it can be a good place to look for clothes. Charity shops are still a winner for me though.


Where do you get your practical clothes?

Jo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment