Saturday 22 August 2015

Bargain Retro Bikini |Review - eBay|


Well here's something I never thought I'd willingly allow to be posted online, let alone take the photos myself!

Bikinis. Swimwear. A minefield for a lot of us no matter what shape or size. I stopped wearing them a long time ago. When I was lucky enough to be taken on two trips to India in the January's of 2013 and 2014 I thought I'd better get some new things. I was very happy on holiday in 2013 and wore my bikini a lot, roll on 2014 and what with one thing and another, despite being slimmer than in 2013, I was rather unhappy. Cue the ruched black full swimsuit, which I still wasn't comfortable in. My rather round about point is that I think it's happiness and confidence that lets you rock your clothes, be they outfits or swimwear or lingerie.

Being a lot, lot happier this year, I thought I'd buy one of those high waisted, gorgeous retro style suits. Being the cheapskate I am and also not knowing how flattering it would be on me I opted for eBay for £7.29 and a long wait as it travelled from China. Jut search "Retro 50s Bikini" and a whole plethora of options will appear to you!
 
 
I like wearing the top on hot days like today and have worn it for an entire afternoon of mucking about the airfield under a t shirt and been perfectly comfortable.
 

I ordered the XXL which fits my measurements on the bottom half but was a little large on the top. It does have a tendency to gape a little (not revealing the nipple god forbid!! Check out #freethenipple it's hilarious and informative) and I've had to stitch it together a little more in the middle to make it a little more fitted on my chest!
 
 
The cups are sturdily padded but I personally wouldn't say very supportive, although this could change if your measurements matched up a bit better! The straps tie so you can make them as secure as you like, although again I found that they had to be quite tight to get a good fit on me which means they are skinnier looking than seen in the advert photos.

The bottoms fit great around my waist and hip, I've got quite large thighs and find the leg holes a little tight when I first put them on but they've relaxed a bit and stretched out a tad now!

 
The colour is great, the fabric feels sturdy, the ruched detail flattering and I have much more confidence in myself on the beach with my stomach covered! Although I did wimp out of posing in the garden fully bikini'd up and retreated inside for those!!



I would definitely buy more of the patterns if I'm in need of a bikini again.

I have not had the opportunity to swim in it yet though…. I suspect racing lengths will not be it's thing. Casual dip in the pool. Probably fine!!

How's your summer been?

Jo :)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty, this suit looks amazing on you. I had to go for a similar shape last year, I bought mine from For Luna who do some lovely suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :)
      Ooh I'll have to check them out! :)

      Delete