Saturday 5 September 2015

Easy From Scratch Pizza |Vegan Recipe|


I was so excited to have pizza a couple of weekends back on my birthday. My dear friends made the base and we topped it with tomato sauce, mushrooms and the Vegusto vegan cheese I got specially for the day! I had quite a bit of cheese left and did a review on it and Tesco's version last week and thought I'd make it from scratch as I've not made pizza in ages. My skills with yeast in the kitchen are limited and my patience even more so, therefore this is a quick and easy pizza base. The sauce took longer than I expected though...and Charlie's use of bolognese sauce is going to stay my go to as well...

Easy to copy and paste recipe at the end as always!

Start by setting your tomatoes out in a tray to roast cut side down. Sprinkle them with a little oil, some paprika, a smidge of cayenne pepper and some mixed herbs and basil (fresh if you have it, dry is fine if not). Whack that in the oven for half an hour to forty minutes until they're nicely crisped up.


While they were cooking, I prepped the veg that I wanted on my pizza. Mushrooms and two different coloured peppers suited me, but you could add anything, I'd recommend sun dried tomatoes if you want to add tomatoes on top too as I've made it with fresh before and it always seems to end up soggy! Maybe that's just me!


Once your tomatoes are roasted, blitz them up in a blender and strain them through a sieve to get all the seeds etc out. Make sure to really press it with the back of your spoon and get all the extra off the underside of the sieve after!


Set the sauce into a pan to boil and reduce down for about ten minutes until it's a nice thick, pizza sauce kind of consistency. While it's simmering, get your bases ready.
 
Thank-you Rose for gorgeous mixing bowl/jug from TK Maxx!
Sift your flour into a bowl and add your margarine. Get your (hopefully washed!) hands in there and rub it all together to form breadcrumbs. Start adding your soy milk, it wants to be a slightly sticky dough. Bring it all together into a ball and put on your well floured surface ready for kneading.
 
 
I split my dough in two here and it will do two smaller pizzas or one massive one depending on your preference.


Roll out your pizza bases to about one cm thickness and put them on your tray ready for topping.

 

Spread your lovely tomato sauce on, top with your veg and cheese and bake in a 190 degree oven for around twenty minutes.



Hey presto, yummy pizza!




It's better than takeaway I reckon! What's your favourite takeaway dupe?

Jo :)
 
Ingredients:
Base:
225g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
60g Margarine
100ml Soy Milk (you may not need all of it!)
Tomato Sauce:
12 Medium Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Basil
Garlic
Paprika
Method:
Cut the tomatoes in half, and fill baking dish with them cut face down
Drizzle over a little oil and preferred herbs and spices
Roast in 190 degree oven for 40 mins
Sift flour and salt into bowl
Rub margarine in with fingers to form breadcrumbs
Bring together with required amount of milk to form slightly sticky dough
Roll dough out onto floured surface till 1cm thick when you're ready to top it
When roasted, blend tomatoes into sauce and strain through sieve using back of spoon to push through
Simmer for ten minutes until thickened
Top pizza bases with sauce and preferred toppings
Bake for 20mins at 190 degrees until crispy!

No comments:

Post a Comment